Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Violet's first trip to Belleville, IL



Here is Vi wrapped up all snug and cozy at the Belleville Chili Cook-off. We've gone the past few years and I think its becoming a tradition. Its usually a lot of fun. Violet had never been in such a dense crowd of people and she freaked out when she couldn't see us anymore sitting in the stroller. So I had to hold her for a while. It was about 54 degrees outside. We didn't really sample that much chili for some reason. I was more interested in the funnel cake! Which was awesome!! I think I prefer going during the day though. We went at about 7pm and it was SOOOOO crowded. According to their website 40,000 people came last year. Its only a 2 day event! It was nuts.

Anyway, next year when we go she will be walking and talking. It should be lots of fun. I cant wait!

No comments: